Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Emotional day

This morning, I spoke with my girlfriend (the one who lost her son) for the first time in months. I mean really spoke. We email and use facebook quite often...ahhh the power of the interwebs.
I made sure to tell her how much she means to me, how much I love her. I don't know the whole story yet as I can not due to court proceedings, but I am sure I will soon...when she is ready. I told her how she is going to become an advocate, a public speaker.

As we were speaking, my girls started battling. The youngest was crying, the oldest was being bossy, and my dear friend could hear this in the background. She told me to love my girls, protect them and raise them right. Give them a voice and let it be heard.

Then we cried together.

I know there will be more tears, and I am sure every time we see each other there will be a flood of emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment